Saturday, May 23, 2009

Valves Steam Software

I just recently downloaded the game service Steam, to purchase Garrys Mod and Left 4 Dead. BIG mistake. Steam slows down my computer dramatically, barely works, and the games I use with it crash frequently. It took me two days to download Left 4 Dead because Steam decided to restart the download time when it was 77% done with downloading. Granted, my computer is a piece of shit, but Valves graphics engine does not cause a challenge for my computer, until now. Im lucky if I can get a steady framrate in L4D for 25 seconds. No joke. Its ridiculous.

I know for sure that I will never download or buy another game from Valve for PC until they fix the numerous problems.

My favorite error in Steam games is the out of OS Pool Memory error. I looked this up and it turns out, I cant have Norton Internet Security running at the same time as a Valve Steam game or it will cause the game to crash with this error. Another fun error I got for L4D is the cannot detect D3D device! Error. This one has to do with a video card I dont even have, so I dont have any clue how it happened. It happened with G-mod too, but only once.

So Valve, I love your games, the HL series has changed storytelling in video games and your Source engine is a fantastic tool, but PLEASE, PLEASE fix this Steam program.

No comments:

Post a Comment